The 2nd IEEE NFV-SDN conference, which will take place in Palo Alto, California, invites proposals for one full-day or two half-day workshops to be held on Nov 7, 2016 at the start of the main technical program. The scope of the workshops is to complement the main conference program with forums for exchange of technical expertise, development, integration and standardization efforts on particularly focused areas of interest within the frame of the NFV-SDN. Proposals from industry and academia are welcome.
The topics considered but not limited to, include:
- SDN and NFV Security challenges
- Portability and benchmarking of Virtual network functions
- Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) synergy with NFV and SDN
- Machine learning for NFV Management and Orchestration
- NFV-SDN deployment cases across vertical sectors
Each IEEE NFV-SDN workshop proposal in a single PDF file must include:
- Name and abbreviation of the workshop
- Names, addresses, and a short bio of the workshop organizers (i.e OC chairs)
- A brief description of the technical focus addressed by the workshop and the motivation.
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) and/or Organizing Committee (OC) roster.
- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively and interactive discussions.
- Publicity and advertising plan to attract paper submissions and attendees.
- A draft of 1-page “Call for Papers (CfP)” including title, description, topics and important dates.
Submitted Workshop proposals should not exceed TWO pages and should be submitted via email to workshops-NFVSDN@comsoc.org.
Workshop proposal submission:
April 10, 2016 –> April 24, 2016
Notification of acceptance:
April 25. 2016 –> May 10, 2016
Workshop Paper Submission: May 30, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: September 7, 2016
Camera-ready Submission: Octomber 7, 2016
Steven Wright, AT&T, USA
Evangelos Markakis, TEI of Crete, GR
George Xilouris, NCSR Demokritos, GR
Download a PDF version of the Call-for-Workshops